counter easy hit All the Roadrunning: Year End Review

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Year End Review

Last week my 88 year old patient asked me if I was married or divorced. He's a frisky, sometimes angry, frustrated guy. Being bed bound will do that to you. He has long white hair and a scruffy beard. He tells me stories of racing cars, and sailing 40 foot yachts.
I told him that I was divorced but living with a wonderful, kind man. He threw his head back, grinning and locking eyes with me in a sort of "Rosemary's baby" effect and said, " OH shacking up are you?" I sputtered some denials and respectable explanations only to be interrupted with, " that's the only way to go, I remember when......."
So, this is the one year anniversary of full time living together. It seems easy. We just melded without any blips. We laugh about how fighting or arguing is so yesterday and if this is living in sin then maybe at our age it's venial sin.

Conor and Sarah are here this week from Colorado. It's almost their two year anniversary and the impetus of this blog. They inspire us. GO CELTICS !!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

Congratulations! That is a wonderful thing, and you guys give me HOPE...

:))

Judi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home